We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented developers to design and build the next generation of our mobile application projects.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Attention to detail
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle.
Your ability to work with any of the listed below will work to your advantage
- Experience developing web applications using ASP MVC(.NET Framework)
- Excellent Prototyping skills (Axure)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL
- A problem-solver first and foremost (no excuses mentality)
- Goal oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- A proactive self-starter
- An innovator
- Passionate about great work
- Effectiveness and efficiency
And MUST adhere to our values, please read more here: https://developmenthub.co.za/about/
Terms of contract:
- A solid reference/portfolio of related work will be the conversation “starter”.
- Contract-based employment (Subject to renewal based on performance).
- Port Elizabeth based individual.
- 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- The schedule(s) is ‘deadline-driven’ i.e. on occasions when deadlines are tight, work may be required outside these hours.
Think you’d be a good fit?
If you know you’ve got what it takes click on the button below.