We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst who is self-motivated and has some level of experience or interest in the role of a Software Quality Analyst. This software quality analyst will be responsible for applying the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle. A strong technical understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) is essential. He or she will act as the interface between the software development lead and account relation manager and will prepare the required Technical test requirement specifications.
- Test planning- This involves activities of defining the objectives of testing and the approach for meeting test objectives.
- Create a test strategy based on project requirements and schedules.
- Conducting early testing to eliminate defects at an early state reducing the bug fixing cost and time.
- Executing tests with appropriate techniques (manually or by using test execution tools) and document testing failures.
- Analyse the Defects and identify the root cause.
- Troubleshoot defects, such that it does not affect the product quality
- Report defects to software developers by Recording software defects with bug tracking systems (e.g. Bugzilla, mantis, QA Touch, etc)
- Inform the test progress against schedules to the management
- Interact with BA, project manager, development team, and client as per need.
- Conduct different test techniques and report issues and follow-up on the status of the issues
- Collaborate with the development team to assess or diagnose problems and suggest possible solutions.
- Monitor and analyse the performance using tools for efficient and problem-free operations.
- Uncover vulnerabilities in the system and determine that its data and resources are protected from intruders.
- Offers Test summary report reflecting the level of quality of the software under test.
- Manage the entire testing activity with different Test management tools (eg. QA Touch)
- Attending daily stand-up meetings (Physical and or Virtual) with the domain team
- Liaise with Software developers and Business stakeholders to understand their requirements.
- Understanding all Business Requirement Specifications(BRS), High-Level Design (HLD) and Large Liability Dependence (LLD) documents.
- Compiling Test Requirement Specification documents for all Customer Requirements (CR’s) and product fixes.
- Assisting developers to understand all business requirements.
- Assisting customer business and DEVELOPMENTHUB development team with testing in QA and CP when required to.
- Attend Weekly domain team meetings.
- Good technical understanding of software development life cycle(SDLC) and process flow.
- Strong Communicator.
- Ability to be assertive when necessary.
- Good writing skills
- Strong Team Player.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Visio or similar(Any testing software-Unified Modelling Language-(UML)).
- A problem-solver first and foremost (no excuses mentality)
- Strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- A proactive self-starter
- An innovator
- Passionate about great work
- Effectiveness and efficiency
And MUST adhere to our values, please read more here: https://developmenthub.co.za/about/
Terms of contract:
- A solid reference/portfolio of related work will be the conversation “starter”.
- Contract-based employment (Subject to renewal based on performance).
- Port Elizabeth based individual.
- 08:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- The schedule(s) is ‘deadline-driven’ i.e. on occasions when deadlines are tight, work may be required outside these hours.
Think you’d be a good fit?
If you know you’ve got what it takes click on the button below.